- Product Overview
Certified High-Volume 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier Provides 50 GPD of RO Treated Water. Optional Germicidal Ultraviolet Available.
The 5-stage RO system with a 50 GPD membrane and dual carbon block filters blocks high sediment contamination. This 5-stage Reverse Osmosis water purifier is designed to ensure water quality, membrane performance and filter life especially if the incoming water contains a high amount of sediment as in some well water systems. An extra carbon block pre-filter stage is added before the membrane. This design can also be used to extend time between filter changes.
The PT-505 fits under most sinks and provides clean, great-tasting water. Reverse Osmosis filtration purifies water by taking out the totally dissolved solids (TDS) which contaminate water. Although city water treatment removes the dirt and debris and adds chlorine to prevent the spread of diseases, it does not remove the dissolved solids from the water. And, with the increasing pollution of our surface and groundwater with contaminants, such as lead, mercury, and chromium-6, as well as the naturally occurring harmful contaminants such as arsenic, fluorides, and sulfides found in some areas of the country, it is more important than ever to have a way to remove these contaminants at the point of use.
5 Stages of RO Purification in the PT-505 PureWaterMachine RO System
The PureWaterMachine PT-505 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System comes complete, ready to install with instructions. The 4-stages are pre-assembled and tested.
- Stage 1 - Sediment Filter, 5-micron poly-spun cartridge - The 5-micron poly-spun filter takes out suspended solids such as dirt, rust, sand, and pipe scale.
- Stages 2 & 3 - Dual Activated Carbon Block Filters, 5-micron - Activated carbon block filters remove chlorine, bad tastes, and odors.
- Stage 4 - Reverse Osmosis Membrane, 50 GPD - The heart of the Vertex PureWaterMachine is the reverse osmosis membrane. RO technology removes on average 95% of the dissolved solids in your water. Dissolved solids are not removed by municipal water treatment. This is why the Vertex PureWaterMachine RO System is an important safety factor for the water you drink and use in your cooking. City water pressure is used in the reverse osmosis membrane to force the water molecules through the membrane, but the larger contaminant molecules are kept behind and flushed to the sewer. The clean water goes into the storage tank and is held there ready for use. An auto-valve turns off the water when the tank is full. The tank is pressurized with a bladder which pushes the water out through the final filter.
Stage 5 - Granular Activated Carbon post-filter - When the faucet is opened, clean water from the storage tank flows through the final polishing filter of activated carbon and into the faucet for your use. This special faucet is installed on your sink to dispense safe, great-tasting drinking water which is especially good for coffee, tea, and drinks.
OPTIONAL STAGE 6 - Germicidal Ultraviolet - UV light kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria in point-of-use filter systems and is FDA approved for disinfecting filtered water. The UV lamp radiates at 253.7 nanometers with a power flux of 40,000 microwatt-seconds per square centimeter. UV energy at 254 nm kills 99.9% of various microorganisms. As the water flows around the lamp (which is encased in a quartz sleeve), it is irradiated by UV light. 9,000 hour lifetime.
NOTE - The UV stage is recommended for well water in rural areas, or in towns and villages that have uncertain chlorination. If your water is being supplied from a well or spring you should consider Ultraviolet. Or, if you're not sure that your municipality is sufficiently chlorinating the water supply, you may want to consider adding UV as a final stage in your purification process.
Installation Hardware Included...
- Auto Shut-off Valve (conserves water)
- Flow Restrictor - modified capillary
- Long-reach, non-airgap Chrome Faucet Included
- Threaded feed-water adapter with metal ball valve
- Drain Connection included
- 1/4-inch flexible polyethylene tubing with quick-connect O-ring seal fittings.
All filter elements are made in the USA and NSF approved - assuring a high-quality filter system.
Additional Features of the PT505 Reverse Osmosis System
- California Certified - The Vertex PT-505 Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Device is California Certified for the reduction of Hexavalent Chromium, Lead, Nitrates, Nitrites, and Selenium. (CA Certificate Number 02-1535)
- WQA Gold Seal Approved - The Vertex PureWaterMachine Reverse Osmosis Filter system has been tested and certified by the Water Quality Association's GOLD SEAL program to ANSI/NSF standard 58 for performance and reduction of total dissolved solids (TDS) and other contaminants.
- All filter elements are made in the USA and are NSF approved - assuring a high-quality filter system.
About Reverse Osmosis
Osmosis is a naturally occurring process in human and animal membranes. Salts in the body fluids build up osmotic pressure, forcing water molecules through the living membranes in our bodies. In under-sink reverse osmosis systems, pressure from the city water overcomes the "salt" pressure of the dissolved materials and forces the water molecules through a synthetic thin film membrane, leaving the dissolved salts behind. The city water enters the membrane filter element, and two streams leave; the clean water and the water containing the dissolved solid residue, called brine, which is discarded to the drain. On the comparative chart below, reverse osmosis removes the smallest of materials, from 1-micron down to 1- Angstrom. For materials larger than 1-micron, particle filters are used ahead of the RO membrane to prevent plugging of the tiny membrane pores.
Specifications of the PT-505 5-Stage PureWaterMachine RO Water Purifier
|Dimensions||15.5" W x 6" D x 18"H
Tank - 11" Diameter x 15-1/2" H
|Storage Tank Capacity||4.0 gallons|
|Feed Pressure||40 - 100 PSIG|
|RO Production Rate||50 GPD @ 65 PSI|
|Feed Water Connector||1/2" threaded inlet adapter w/metal ball-valve drain clamp|
|Faucet||Chrome Long Reach, non-airgap faucet|
|Flow Restrictor||Modified Capillary|
|Tank||4.0 gallon plastic tank - pre-pressured w/butyl bladder - 2.5 gal. water capacity|
|Auto Shut-off Valve||Yes - FDA approved, conserves water|
|Tubing||1/4" polyethylene tubing with quick-connect O-ring seal fittings|
Conditions of Use
|Maximum TDS||1500 PPM|
|Feed Pressure||40 to 100 PSI|
|Turbidity||< 1.0 NTU|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
|NOTE: Warranty on the system is void unless installed by a licensed plumber.|
|The complete system has been certified to NSF 58 by the Water Quality Association|
|NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality, without adequate disinfection before or after the system.|