5-Stage Reverse Osmosis with GreenBlock Filters and Revtex 1:1 Membrane
Reverse Osmosis - 5 Stage, Eco-Friendly 50 GPD RO System reduces wastewater by 75%. Utilizes NSF and WQA Certified Greenblock® filtration media.
The new & improved Green Machine Reverse Osmosis water system uses the revolutionary Revtex 1:1 high efficiency 50 GPD RO membrane. This revolutionary membrane reduces waste-water by up to 75% compared with standard RO membranes. The high capacity membrane fills the tank faster than ever before. PLUS, it's high-performance and environmentally friendly Greenblock® filtration media is manufactured using a process that significantly reduces harmful green-house gas emissions. Greenblock carbon filters are made using eco-friendly coconut-shell greencarbon™ that's excellent at reducing chlorine, bad tastes & odors, sediment, dirt, and rust.
The 50 GPD Revtex 1:1 RO membrane removes an average of 95% of the dissolved solids from the incoming water while sending up to 75% less waste-water to the drain. The Green Machine system produces clean, great-tasting drinking water whenever you need it, eliminating the need for bottled water and the negative environmental impact associated with it.
The PureWaterMachine PT-5GR GreenMachine Reverse Osmosis water system comes complete and ready to install with instructions. The 5-stages are pre-assembled and tested. The faucet, inlet water valve, drain saddle connection, storage tank valve and color-coded plastic tubing for under-sink installation are all included.
5 Stages of Filtration in the PT-5GR GreenMachine Reverse Osmosis Water System
- Stage 1 - Sediment Filter, 5-micron polyspun cartridge - The 5-micron polyspun water filter takes out suspended solids such as dirt, rust, sand, and pipe scale.
- Stages 2 & 3 - Greenblock® Activated Carbon Block Filter, 5-micron - Activated carbon block water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes, and odors. The extra Carbon Filter in the 5-Stage model addresses water supplies that have high levels of sediment.
- Stage 4 - Revtex 1:1 High Efficient Reverse Osmosis Membrane, 50 GPD - The 50 GPD Revtex 1:1 RO membrane removes an average of 95% of the dissolved solids from the incoming water while sending up to 75% less waste-water to the drain. RO purification removes on average 95% of the dissolved solids in your water. Dissolved solids are not removed by municipal water treatment. This is why the Vertex GreenMachine RO System is an important safety factor for the water you drink and the water you use in your cooking. City water pressure is used in the reverse osmosis membrane to force the water molecules through the membrane, but the larger contaminant molecules are kept behind and flushed to the sewer. The clean water goes into the storage tank and is held there until ready for use. An autovalve turns off the water when the tank is full. The tank is pressurized with a bladder which pushes the water through the final filter.
- Stage 5 - Granular Activated Carbon post-filter - When the faucet is opened, clean water from the storage tank flows through the final polishing water filter of activated carbon and into the faucet for your use. This special faucet is installed on your sink to dispense safe, good tasting drinking water which is especially good when used for coffee, tea and drinks.
The PureWaterMachine PT-5GR GreenMachine RO water purifier comes complete and ready to install. All 5 stages are pre-assembled and tested.
Installation hardware included
- Long reach, non-airgap faucet
- Auto shut-off valve
- Feedwater connection
- Drain clamp
- Color-coded plastic tubing with QC fittings
- Installation instructions
About Reverse Osmosis
Osmosis is a naturally occurring process in human and animal membranes. Salts in the body fluids build up osmotic pressure, forcing water molecules through the living membranes in our bodies. In under-sink reverse osmosis systems, pressure from the city water overcomes the "salt" pressure of the dissolved materials and forces the water molecules through a synthetic thin film membrane, leaving the dissolved salts behind. The city water enters the membrane filter element, and two streams leave; the clean water and the water containing the dissolved solid residue, called brine, which is discarded to the drain. On the comparative chart below, reverse osmosis removes the smallest of materials, from 1-micron down to 1- Angstrom. For materials larger than 1-micron, particle filters are used ahead of the RO membrane to prevent plugging of the tiny membrane pores.
Specifications of the PT-5GR GreenMachine Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
|Dimensions||Bracket & Filters - 15.5" (W) x 7" (D) x 18" (H)
Tank - 11" Diameter x 15-1/2" H
|Storage Tank Capacity||4.0 gallons|
|Max. Working Pressure||100 PSI|
|RO Production Rate||50 GPD @ 65 PSI|
|Inlet Water Pressure||40-100 PSI|
|Feed Water Connector||Threaded inlet adapter w/metal ball-valve drain clamp|
|Faucet||Long Reach, non-airgap faucet|
|Flow Restrictor||Modified Capillary|
|Tank||4.0 gallon plastic tank - pre-pressured w/butyl bladder - 2.5 gal. water capacity|
|Auto Shut-off Valve||Yes - FDA approved, conserves water|
|Tubing||1/4" flexible polyethylene tubing|
|Fittings||JACO compression fittings|
|Conditions of Use|
|Maximum TDS||1500 PPM|
|Feed Pressure||20 to 100 psig|
|Turbidity||< 1.0 NTU|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
|NOTE: Warranty on the system is void unless installed by a licensed plumber.|
|The complete system has been certified to NSF 58 by the Water Quality Association|
|NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality, without adequate disinfection before or after the system.|