5-Stage Reverse Osmosis with GreenBlock Filters
Reverse Osmosis - 5 Stage, Eco-Friendly 36 GPD RO System reduces waste water by 50%. Utilizes NSF and WQA Certified Greenblock® filtration media.
The 5-stage GreenMachine RO system is designed to ensure water quality, membrane performance and filter life, where the incoming water contains a high amount of sediment as in some well water systems.
5 Stages of Filtration in the PT-5G GreenMachine Reverse Osmosis Water System
- Stage 1 - Sediment Filter, 5-micron polyspun cartridge - The 5 micron polyspun water filter takes out suspended solids such as dirt, rust, sand, and pipe scale.
- Stages 2 & 3 - Greenblock® Activated Carbon Block Filter, 5-micron - Activated carbon block water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors.
- Stage 4 - Reverse Osmosis Membrane, 36 GPD - The heart of the Vertex GreenMachine is the reverse osmosis membrane. RO filtration technology removes on average 95% of the dissolved solids in your water. Dissolved solids are not removed by municipal water treatment. This is why the Vertex GreenMachine RO System is an important safety factor for the water you drink and the water you use in your cooking. City water pressure is used in the reverse osmosis membrane to force the water molecules through the membrane, but the larger contaminant molecules are kept behind and flushed to the sewer. The clean water goes into the storage tank and is held there until ready for use. An autovalve turns off the water when the tank is full. The tank is pressurized with a bladder which pushes the water through the final filter.
- Stage 5 - Granular Activated Carbon post-filter - When the faucet is opened, clean water from the storage tank flows through the final polishing water filter of activated carbon and into the faucet for your use. This special faucet is installed on your sink to dispense safe, good tasting drinking water which is especially good when used for coffee, tea and drinks.
An extra pre-filter stage is added before the membrane. This design can also be used to extend time between filter changes.
The PT-5G Eco-Friendly Reverse Osmosis water filter system uses high-performance and environmentally friendly Greenblock® filtration media. Greenblock filters are made using eco-friendly coconut-shell greencarbon™ that's manufactured using a process which significantly reduces harmful green-house gas emissions. It's excellent at reducing chlorine, bad tastes & odors, sediment, dirt and rust. Its 36 GPD RO membrane removes an average of 95% of the dissolved solids from the incoming water while sending up to 50% less waste-water to the drain. This system produces clean, great tasting drinking water whenever you need it, eliminating the need for bottled water and the negative environmental impact associated with it.
The PureWaterMachine PT-5G GreenMachine RO water purifier comes complete and ready to install. All 5 stages are pre-assembled and tested.
Installation hardware included
- Inlet water valve
- Drain saddle connection
- Storage tank valve
- Color coded plastic tubing
- Installation instructions
About Reverse Osmosis
Osmosis is a naturally occurring process in human and animal membranes. Salts in the body fluids build up osmotic pressure, forcing water molecules through the living membranes in our bodies. In under-sink reverse osmosis systems, pressure from the city water overcomes the "salt" pressure of the dissolved materials and forces the water molecules through a synthetic thin film membrane, leaving the dissolved salts behind. The city water enters the membrane filter element, and two streams leave; the clean water and the water containing the dissolved solid residue, called brine, which is discarded to the drain. On the comparative chart below, reverse osmosis removes the smallest of materials, from 1-micron down to 1- Angstrom. For materials larger than 1-micron, particle filters are used ahead of the RO membrane to prevent plugging of the tiny membrane pores.
Specifications of the PT-4G GreenMachine Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
|Dimensions||14" W x 7" D x 18"H
Tank - 11" Diameter x 15-1/2" H
|Storage Tank Capacity||4.0 gallons|
|Max. Working Pressure||100 PSI|
|RO Production Rate||36 GPD @ 65 PSI|
|Inlet Water Pressure||40-100 PSI|
|Feed Water Connector||Threaded inlet adapter w/metal ball-valve drain clamp|
|Faucet||Long Reach, non-airgap faucet|
|Flow Restrictor||Modified Capillary|
|Tank||4.0 gallon plastic tank - pre-pressured w/butyl bladder - 2.5 gal. water capacity|
|Auto Shut-off Valve||Yes - FDA approved, conserves water|
|Tubing||1/4" flexible polyethylene tubing|
|Fittings||JACO compression fittings|
Conditions of Use
|Maximum TDS||1500 PPM|
|Feed Pressure||20 to 100 psig|
|Turbidity||< 1.0 NTU|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
|NOTE: Warranty on system is void unless installed by licensed plumber.|
|The complete system has been certified to NSF 58 by the Water Quality Association|
|NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality, without adequate disinfection before or after the system.|