- Product Overview
Ebac DD400 Desiccant Dehumidifier Removes Up To 71.5 Pints Of Moisture Per Day In 1,200 Sq. Ft. Cold Climate Areas
Desiccant dehumidifiers are designed to handle the most brutal environments. The Ebac DD400 desiccant dehumidifier is no exception removing 71.5 pints of moisture per day in cold spaces up to 1,200 square feet. It's manufactured from high-grade stainless steel which means no rust - even when used in the severest and coldest environments. The spigot connectors allow quick and easy installation. Its high-efficiency patented PPS Rotor ensures effective drying. An 82% active Silica Gel is the heart of the system. It ensures optimum performance over the unit's wide operating range of temperatures and humidity levels. The desiccant rotor is washable and designed for high-performance & long life. Compact, portable, rugged, and lightweight the Ebac DD400 provides easy transportation by one person. It's easily accommodated within space-restricted areas.
The Ebac DD400 performs exceptionally well when used in cooler climates (down to sub-zero temperatures), or when a low dew-point, deep drying or low humidity levels are required.
Manual or automatic control is a standard feature of the DD400 low-temperature desiccant dehumidifier by Ebac. A remote humidistat can quickly and easily be connected for automatic operation and control.
How Does Ebac DD400 Desiccant Dehumidifier Work?
Desiccant operation is simplistic yet extremely effective and reliable. Air (Process Air) is drawn into the dehumidifier, where it passes over a wheel impregnated with Silica Gel. As the air passes over this wheel, any moisture present in the air is absorbed into the Silica Gel wheel before leaving the dehumidifier as warm dry air. The Silica Gel wheel is continually, slowly rotating, typically at three revolutions per hour. As the wheel rotates, a small portion passes through the regeneration segment. During this phase, a second air stream (Regeneration Air) is heated to a high temperature before passing over the wheel. Any moisture present in the wheel is released into this air stream; this hot wet air is then exhausted outside the area being dried.
NOTE: The wet air outlet from the desiccant dehumidifier must be exhausted to outside of the room being dried by means of a suitable duct. All duct connections to the dehumidifier have been designed for connections to standard-size ducts. The dry air outlet is also provided with a means of attaching a duct. This can be used to direct the air towards more severe damp patches.
Features of the Ebac DD400 Low-Temperature Desiccant Dehumidifier
- Stainless Steel Construction - Ensures a rust-free product when used in even the most severe of applications. Spigot connectors allow quick and easy installation.
- Electronic Controls - In addition to the hours run meter, which shows the running time, an ammeter is also incorporated in order to monitor the units drying effectiveness.
- High Capacity PTC Heater (Positive Temperature Coefficient) - Ensures maximum drying is immediately reached and constantly maintained while the unit is running.
- Remote Humidistat Facility - Can quickly and easily be connected for automatic operation and control.
- Low-Temperature Operation - Works effectively in sub-zero temperatures down to -4°F (negative four degrees Fahrenheit).
- Dual Inlet Air Filters - The DD400 desiccant dehumidifier has two separate filters. One in the "process" air inlet and one in the "reactivation" air inlet, used to clean the air entering the dehumidifier.
- Rubber Anti-Vibration Feet
- Carrying Handles
- Auto/Manual mode selection
Ideal applications for the DD400 Desiccant Dehumidifier include Offices - Shops - Restaurants - Warehouses - Basements - Factories - De-Flooding - Pharmaceutical - Defense Industry - Confectionery - Laboratories - Medical - Food Industry - Agriculture - Cold Stores - Hospitals - Hotels - Stadiums - Ships