- Product Overview
The AirMac-400E Electrostatic Air Cleaner is a Home Smoke Eater designed for homes or offices especially in areas with cigarette smoke and cooking odors.
The AirMac-400E Smoke Eater for homes and offices targets smoke, odors, dander, and other particles, both large and small. It's especially helpful for allergy and asthma sufferers. Tobacco smoke, pollen, aerosols, and pet dander can turn your home into a battleground for those with allergies and respiratory problems. Having the AirMac-400E home smoke eater in your home can alleviate allergy symptoms and filter harmful pollutants from the air that your family breathes. The super quiet AirMac-400E Home Smoke Eater has a 400 square foot coverage area. Its 2-speed fan provides 5 air changes per hour with either 200 or 275 CFM (cubic feet per minute) airflow. The AirMac-400E home smoke eater can set on a shelf, tabletop, or floor and is available in several cabinet colors to match your decor. The electronic filter cell is 97% efficient at capturing extremely small particles.
How does the AirMac-400E Home Smoke Eater Work?
The AirMac-400E home smoke eater attracts and retains airborne particulate like a powerful magnet.
Dirty air is drawn into the AirMac-400E air cleaner.
The larger particles are trapped by a pre-filter screen.
Smaller particles pass through to the ionizing section of the electrostatic filter cell where they are given a positive electrical charge. The positively charged particles continue through to the negatively charged collecting section of the electronic filter cell where they are attracted and caught by the opposite charge in this section - just like a magnet attracts iron filings. The pollutants are held on the collecting section until they are washed away during the cleaning process.
The air is then passed through an odor-absorbing activated carbon after filter to freshen the purified air. (An optional Super carbon filter is also available for areas with heavy smoke & odors.)
The quiet circular fan...
...pushes the purified air back into the room.
AirMac-400E Home Smoke Eater Features and Benefits
- The AirMac-400E home smoke eater system works like a pollution magnet, trapping 97% of all airborne particles (even those as small as one-millionth of an inch!) for a cleaner, healthier home or office.
- The electronic cell removes smoke, bacteria, pollens, and dust particles from the air as small as 0.01 microns and the activated carbon after-filter helps to eliminate even the most stubborn odors.
- The AirMac-400E costs just pennies to run! It uses less energy than a 120 watt light bulb.
- The permanent electrostatic cell means you'll save money because it's washable.
- You may be eligible for medical deductions on your income tax if the air cleaner is prescribed by a physician to alleviate hay fever, allergies, asthma, or other respiratory ailments.
- The AirMac-400E home smoke eater reduces heating and air conditioning costs by eliminating the need to exhaust contaminated air and recondition replacement air.
- When dust and grime are removed from the air, costly electronic equipment, like computers, escapes damage. You'll breathe easier with these savings.
- The AirMac-400E electrostatic air cleaner will also save you time and money on cleaning. With less dirt in the air, you won't have to clean draperies, windows, carpets, and furniture as often.
- The AirMac-400E smoke eater is powerful enough to clean a 20 x 20 room over 5 times each hour.
- Two-speeds give you greater versatility.
AirMac-400E Electrostatic Home Smoke Eater Technical Specifications
|Capacity||Up to 400 Sq. Ft.|
|2 Speed||High - 275 CFM | Low - 200 CFM|
|Installation Options||Table Top | Wall Mount|
|Dimensions||17" W x 13" D x 15" H|
|Cabinet||Aluminum - Available in White, Black, Woodgrain|
|Electrical||.85 amps | 120V AC / 60Hz|
|Power Usage||102 Watts|
|Cell Collection Area||2,486 Sq. In.|
|Noise Level dB(A)||High 48 | Low 38|
|Particle Removal||As small as 0.01 microns|
|Warranty||7 Year Limited|
|Special Note||This unit has not been tested for compliance with California Air Resource Board requirements and cannot be shipped to California.|