- Product Overview
The DesignAir Portable Electronic Air Cleaner effectively eliminates pollution, smoke, particulates, pet dander, and other impurities that contaminate your environment
The DesignAir P600 is an advanced air purifier that's super effective at controlling indoor air pollution. You can expect noticeable improvements in your environment as the DesignAir portable electronic air cleaner begins its job of removing tiny airborne pollution particles including dirt, grime, pollen, and smoke from the air in your home or office.
The DesignAir is a highly efficient and portable 3-stage electronic air cleaner.
A process called “Electrostatic Precipitation” traps airborne contaminants. The fan draws particulate-laden air successively through the pre-filter, the cell ionizing section, the cell collector section, and finally through a carbon post filter. The ionizing section imparts an electrical charge to the individual particles, which are then drawn by electrostatic forces to the oppositely charged collector plates. Carbon removes any odors or left-over particulate. Clean & fresh air is then discharged back into the room.
Stage 1 - Pre-Filter - The foam pre-filter traps dust and large particles to extend the life of the subsequent filters. This filter can be vacuumed and reused but should be replaced when it shows signs of wear.
Stage 2 - Electronic Cell - The industrial-grade electrostatic cell captures the smallest airborne particles including smoke, germs, allergens, and other microbial invaders that cause respiratory ailments and allergies, with up to 99.8% efficiency. With 52.9 square feet of electronic cell surface area, the air in your home or office will be cleaner than ever before. The electronic cell is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned time & time again without worry. It's designed to last years. Replace only when required, or when the wires &/or fins are broken or corroded.
- Stage 3 - Carbon Post-Filter - The granular carbon post filter features a honeycomb design. Carbon is designed to trap odors, gases, and VOCs. When used as a post filter, it absorbs any residual odors that get through the pre-filter or electronic cell. Your air will have a super clean and fresh smell as the carbon polishes off the air cleaning process. Occasionally, the carbon filter will need cleaning. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dirt. The odor absorption capabilities of carbon last between three to six months. Once the carbon filter can no longer remove odors from the air, the filter will have to be replaced.
The Design Air is completely portable. Independent lab tests prove that it's one of the most highly efficient air cleaners available. For people with allergies, chemical sensitivities, and respiratory ailments, clean air is mandatory. The DesignAir™ electronic air cleaner provides healthy, breathable air while minimizing exposure to allergens and pollutants that can cause discomfort. Plus, with its carbon filter, the DesignAir electronic air cleaner absorbs gases and odors so your environment remains fresh-smelling. And with its high capacity capabilities, three-speed air control, and portability, you can continuously freshen and clean the air in any room, from 235 to 420 cubic feet per minute.
Features of the DesignAir™ Electronic Air Purifier
- Maintains a healthy, clean air environment for those with allergies, sensitivities, and respiratory ailments with proven high-efficiency electronic removal of dust, pollens, smoke, and other airborne particles. (Exceeds 99.3% efficiency to the latest test standard (ASHRAE 52.2) for E3
- Eliminates gases and odors with granular carbon filter and foam prefilter, which can be vacuumed and reused
- Quiet low to high-speed operation with three-speed air control up to 430 CFM
- Completely portable with heavy-duty casters that easily roll over any surface
Specifications of the DesignAir™ Electronic Home Smoke Eater Air Purifier
|Independently lab tested and verified to exceed 99.3% efficiency to the latest test standard (ASHRAE 52.2) for E3 at 500 CFM
|Low - 235 CFM | Med - 285 CFM | High - 430 CFM
|Foam prefilter can be vacuumed and reused
|The granular carbon filter in a honeycomb design provides excellent odor control
|Electronic Cell Collection Area
|52.9 square feet
|Low - 52 W | Medium - 80 W | High: 141 W
|Low - 0.65 | Medium - 0.90 | High - 1.6
|Achieves MERV 16 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) for its maximum flow rate and clean collector cell
|1/25 Hp fractional horsepower motor with sleeved bearings
|Low 49 dB(A) | Med - 56 dB(A) | High 61 dB(A)
|120V, 60Hz, standard 3-prong, 6-foot power cord
|25-1/2" H (with casters) x 14-5/8" W x 15-7/8" D
|Baked Enamel, Textured Black Powder Coat
|Limited - 1 full year from the date of purchase