The SED-1500 Concealed Air Cleaning System is Designed for Discreet, Ducted Clean Air
1,050 - 1,250 CFM (2-speed) for areas or rooms up to 1,500 sq. ft.
HEPA plus carbon easily captures airborne particles and reduces odors.
Includes installation hardware PLUS all filters needed for the first year!
Designed for unobtrusive, ducted installation, the SED-1500 serves up to 1,500 square feet with a single unit. The SED Air Cleaner is suitable for homes, offices or commercial establishments.
Installation options for the SED 1500 include;
- Above a solid ceiling or suspended ceiling
- In a basement, attic or crawl space
- In a utility room, furnace room, closet, etc.
Inflow and outflow air circulation can be customized to your specifications. Consult your HVAC contractor for installation and required ducting (not included). Its efficient multistage HEPA/Carbon filtering assures smoke, odor, and dust-free indoor air year-round. All 3 filters on the SED1500 air cleaner are easily accessible. 1 unit recommended for every 8,000 cubic feet.
3 Filter System Provides Excellent Clean Air Results
The SED-1500 Ducted HEPA Air Cleaning System uses a powerful blower to draw the air from smoke-filled areas. As the air is drawn through the high-efficiency filter media, 95% of the tobacco smoke particles are removed on each pass. The clean air that is constantly discharged into the area is refreshing and remarkably free of tobacco smoke and other contaminants.
Stage 1 - Pre-Filter
The pre-filter is important because not only does it remove the larger particles, it also helps prolong the life of the HEPA filter in the system. Essentially, the pre-filter is the first line of defense in maintaining your system; therefore promoting better indoor air quality.
(12) Polyester pre-filters are supplied with each system. Pre-filters cannot be washed and must be changed monthly.
Stage 2 - Activated Carbon Filter
Activated Carbon removes odors by absorbing odors, gases & VOC's into the filter. Think of carbon as an "odor sponge". It can hold many times its weight in odor molecules. However, once carbon becomes "saturated" it loses its efficiency. Thus, proper maintenance of the carbon filter is required to keep your environment fresh & clean smelling.
(6) Activated Carbon Filters pads are supplied with each system. Carbon Filters cannot be washed and should be changed every 2 months.
Stage 3 - HEPA Filter
The HEPA filter removes the very small particles, such as smoke (tobacco, burning wood, oil, rosin), dust mites, spores, mold spores, pollen, spray paint, spray paint dust, ashes, cement dust, auto emissions, textile fibers, fiberglass, hairspray, insecticide dust, copier toner, and most viruses just to name a few. The HEPA filter is extremely important for superior air filtration and when used and maintained properly it will dramatically improve your indoor air quality. We cannot stress enough the importance of the HEPA filter to our system and the fact the HEPA filter must be maintained in order to achieve the maximum results.
(1) 12-inch HEPA Filter is supplied with each SED-1500 air cleaner. The HEPA filter cannot be washed and should be changed annually.
OPTIONAL - Remote Control
Easily control the settings on your SED-1500 Concealed Smoke Eater with a handy Remote Control Key Fob. It's an excellent choice for concealed systems. Each receiver is factory installed and comes with 2 battery-operated remote control key fobs. (Multiple air cleaners require a separate receiver/transmitter for each unit.) Receiver / Transmitter range is approximately 100 feet under normal operating conditions.
Features and Benefits of the SED-1500 Whole House HEPA Filter System
- Powerful 2-Speed Blower – Effectively pulls air from polluted areas.
- High Efficiency Filter Media – Over 95% of the airborne particles are removed on each pass.
- Refreshingly Clean Air – Virtually all of the smoke, pollen, dust and other particles are removed from the air that pass through the SED-1500, including microscopic airborne particles .
- Reduced Discomfort – Discharged air is cleaned of the many pollutants that can cause headaches, eye irritation, discomfort and stuffiness.
- Reduced Odors – Offensive odors including smoke residue that absorb into clothing, furniture and carpeting are reduced.
- Reduced Allergies & Asthma – Lowering the pollen, spores and fungi count helps to reduce allergies and asthma that may be caused by these contaminants.
SED-1500 Ducted HEPA Air Cleaner Specifications
|Capacity||Up to 1,500 Sq. Ft.|
|Two Speed (Toggle Switch)||High - 1,250 CFM | Low - 1,050 CFM|
|Dimensions||36" (L) x 24-1/4" (W) x 17" (H)|
|Cabinet Construction||16 gauge gray steel cabinet|
|Shipping Weight||135 lbs.|
|Electrical||120V** | 6.2 Amps | 1/3 Hp Motor|
|Three Filter System||Includes 1 Year Supply of Filters;
(1) 12-inch 95% HEPA Filter
(6) 1/2-inch Activated Carbon Filters
(12) 1/2-inch Pre-Filters
|Warranty||All Systems carry a 10-Year Blower/Motor Warranty*|
|Certifications||Fan motor and all electrical components are UL Listed and CSA Certified|
|*10-Year Blower/Motor warranty applies if filters are changed as required and are purchased from Pure n Natural Systems, Inc.|
|** The SED-1500 concealed air cleaner is designed to be wired to a 120 VAC power source. Wiring connections are located in the junction box on top of each unit. All wiring shall meet local codes.|
|NOTE: The SED series is designed for contractor-installed ducted use. At a minimum, there should be at least one supply and one return per unit. Contact your local HVAC Contractor for installation and required ducting (not included).|
|NOTE: The SED-1500 is equipped with 4 eye bolts installed on each system. Also included are 4 "S" hooks and 20' industrial hanging wire.|
|This item ships by freight truck. Please refer to our shipping policy by clicking here.|